Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Sea bream is a delicate fish which is very quick to cook and is delicious if pan fried until the skin is crispy. Try serving it with a spicy cous cous mixture, or if liked omit the harissa for a more delicate flavour
- 400g cous cous
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp chopped oregano
- 1tsp harissa paste
- 1tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 4 fillets sea bream
- rocket leaves to serve
- Place the cous cous in a bowl with the boiling stock, cover with cling film and leave to soak for 10 mins
- Cut the tomatoes in half and fry in 1 tbsp olive oil for 5 mins. Add the harissa and parsley, then tip in the cous cous. Heat through and set aside.
- Season the sea bass with salt and ground black pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the sea bream skin side down for 2 mins, then turn over and cook the other side for another 2 mins or until the fish flakes easily.
- Divide the cous cous between 4 hot plates, reserving a few grains to sprinkle on top of the fish. (shape cous cous in ring moulds first if liked) Top with the fried fish fillets and sprinkle with a little of the cous cous. Serve with rocket leaves.
Top Tip for making Sea bream
Use seabass instead, if liked. To test when fish is cooked, it should feel just firm to the touch and should flake easily when cut with a knife.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Mrs Hinch leaves the internet in shock with very bizarre dinner recipe
By Hayley Minn • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published