If you’re having a buffet or party to celebrate and are in need of a tasty, easy fish recipe make this creamy, seafood packed mousse as a simple starter or tasty party food. It’s best to buy smoked salmon from fish mongers as it’s usually cheaper but if you haven’t got time, visit the fresh meat and fish aisle in your supermarket. Fresh chives and lime add a great tangy flavour to this recipe which only takes 10mins to make in total. You could use cockles or squid rings instead of prawns. The crème fraiche makes this starter extra creamy along with the hot horseradish. Serve in a large bowl or individual glasses so your guests can help themselves.
- 200g smoked salmon
- 100g finely chopped cooked small prawns
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 1tbsp hot horseradish
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 cornichons, finely chopped
- 1tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 cocktail blinis
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Finely chop the smoked salmon, then mash it down with a knife.
- Put in a large bowl with the finely chopped prawns.
- Add the crème fraiche, horseradish, the lime zest and juice, the chopped cornichons and the chopped chives.
- Season well. Stir gently to mix.
- Spoon into a bowl, serve with warmed cocktail blinis and lime wedges for guests to help themselves.
Top Tip for making Seafood mousse
You could use alternatives to prawns such as squid or cockles
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
Prince Harry has ‘changed so much’ from the ‘free, easy going boy’ he once was, says Princess Diana’s former butler
“He needs to take accountability for the part he has played and the stress he has caused his family”
By Charlie Elizabeth Culverhouse • Published