Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Turn your cake pops into sheep with this step-by-step recipe. These cute little creatures will be a hit at childrens' parties
- 48 basic cake balls formed into oval shapes and chilled
- 1,360g white candy melts
- 48 licorice buttons for heads and 96 licorice pastels cut in half for legs
- Sugar pearls
- 48 tiny pink heart sprinkles
- 96 brown rainbow chip sprinkles
You will need
- Deep, microwave-safe plastic bowl
- 48 paper lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Make the cake balls into oval shapes and chill in the fridge.
- Melt the white candy melts in a microwave-safe plastic bowl, following the instructions on the package. The coating should be about 3 inches deep for easier dipping.
- When you are ready to dip, remove a few cake balls from the refrigerator at a time, keeping the rest chilled.
- One at a time, dip about 1/2 inch of the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted candy coating, and insert the stick straight into the side of an oval cake ball, pushing it no more than halfway through. Dip the cake pop into the melted coating, and tap off any excess coating.
- Immediately attach 1 licorice button in position for the head and the 4 pastel leg pieces by pushing them into the bottom, and sprinkle sugar pearls on the coating before it sets. Let dry completely in a Styrofoam block.
- For the face, use a toothpick to place tiny dots of melted white coating on the licorice button heads for eyes.
- Using a toothpick, apply a dot of melted coating in position for the nose, and attach a tiny heart sprinkle. Use the same technique to apply brown rainbow chip sprinkles for ears.
- Let dry completely in the Styrofoam block.
Top Tip for making Sheep cake pops
If the coating is too hot, the attachments will slide off. If it has cooled for too long, the coating will set before you can finish attaching everything. But don’t worry: if that happens, reheat the coating and use it as a glue to attach any remaining pieces.