Singapore noodles (opens in new tab) are so easy to make at home and packed full of veg to make a healthier version of a takeaway. It's 415 calories and ready in 35 mins, but so tasty! Tender breaded scampi works well with the tangy flavours, made with mild curry paste, fresh coriander and lime. Why not serve this dish with homemade fortune cookies for a real traditional Chinese dish.
- 225g pack Whitby breaded scampi
- 3 nests of fine egg noodles
- 2tsp peanut or sesame oil
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 3tbsp frozen chopped onion
- 300g frozen mushrooms
- 100g frozen sweetcorn
- 150g frozen stir-fry mix
- 2tbsp mild curry paste
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 1tbsp frozen coriander
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Cook the scampi on a lined baking tray for 15-20 mins.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3 mins, then drain and toss with the peanut or sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or sauté pan and cook the onion for a few mins. Add the frozen vegetables and cook for 5 mins. Mix together the curry paste with the soy, lime juice and coriander and pour into the pan. Cook for 1 min, then toss in the noodles and coat well in the sauce.
- Serve the noodles and veg topped with the cooked breaded scampi.
Top Tip for making Singapore noodles
If you don't like scampi, why not try using chicken nuggets instead? They work just as well.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon
For a perfect taste of takeaway fakery, try this Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon. Serve with sesame seeds and pickled ginger.
By Sibelle Mehmet • Published
Chicken, pea and noodle salad
By Sue McMahon • Published
Sweet chilli pork with noodles
Looking for pork recipes, noodle recipes, oriental recipes, free recipes, easy pork recipes, quick recipes or quick pork recipes? Succulent pork takes pride of place in this easy-to-prepare noodle dish that's perfect for a flavoursome meal-for-two.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published