Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A rustic Italian dish that is very cheap and easy to make. Make sure you buy a good quality spaghetti as this is pasta with the minimum amount of ingredients so the flavour of the spaghetti should shine through. A quick and substantial meal to make when you come home tired after a day at work or a late night out. It is easily halved to serve two.
- 500g spaghetti
- 8tbsp virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fat red chilli pepper, chopped
- 1tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1tbsp finely chopped oregano
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and add the garlic and chilli. Cook very gently for about 2 minutes taking care they do not burn or the flavour will be bitter.
- Remove from the heat and add the parsley, oregano and season to taste.
- Drain the spaghetti well then return to the saucepan, pour in the oil mixture and toss well together. Serve straight away in warm bowls.
Top Tip for making Spaghetti with chilli and herbs
If you don’t have fresh oregano use 1 tsp of dried oregano or marjoram. Also if you don’t like your chilli too hot remove the seeds before chopping the flesh.