Sea bass is a delicious white fish that's packed with nutrients and flavour. This recipe for Spanish-style sea bass jazzes up the plain fillet with summery flavours like chorizo, garlic and fennel, for a dinner dish that feels like a special treat, but only takes 25 minutes from start to finish.
- 60g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2tsp fennel seeds, optional
- 1 small courgette, trimmed and cut into short sticks
- About 50g ready-chopped kale
- 125g butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 peppadew peppers
- 2tsp tomato ketchup, optional
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 sea-bass fillet
- Lemon wedge
- Heat a frying pan, add the chorizo and fry for a couple of mins until it releases its oil. Add the garlic and fennel seeds, then the courgette sticks and kale and stir-fry for 52mins.
- Add the butter beans, peppers, ketchup, if using, and 1-2tbsp water and simmer for 1 min until the liquid is absorbed. Tip out on to a warm plate, keep it warm in the oven.
- Rub a little oil over the sea bass and season it well. Heat the pan and, when hot, sear the fish, skin-side down, for a few mins. When the skin is crisp, flip the fillet over and cook for 1-2 mins. Put on top of the veg, drizzle with the rest of the oil and add a lemon wedge.
Top Tip for making Spanish-style sea bass
Use cherry tomatoes instead of the peppadews and fresh spinach instead of kale, if you prefer.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
White Fish and Chorizo Stew
Our white fish and chorizo stew is a really simple dish but full of flavour.
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published
The Queen's hilariously clever trick to get guests to dinner in a timely manner
Queen Elizabeth II's clever way she got guests to dinner promptly.
By Selina Maycock • Published