This is a very tasty way to eat celeriac. The warm spices compliment the flavour of this vegetable very well and sweetness from the potato gives it that comforting element and also colour. And of course being wheat and dairy free anyone can enjoy this recipe. This delicious bake will serve 4 people leaving them happy and full to the brim.
- 2 sweet potatoes (approx 400g)
- ½ a celeriac (approx 600g)
- 600ml soya milk.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50g soya spread
- 2tsp mild curry paste
- Preheat oven 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Lightly grease a 3-pint casserole dish with the soya spread.
- Pour 600ml of soya milk into a jug and add 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic, salt and the curry paste, whisk thoroughly to release the flavours into the milk. Set aside
- Peel the celeriac and the potatoes; slice them very thinly keeping them in separate piles.
- Starting with celeriac make layers in the casserole dish until all the vegetables are used up. Pour in the prepared milk mixture, press the vegetables down and cover with tin foil.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes then remove the foil, continue to cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, you will notice the milk has separated, very carefully tip away the watery liquid and return it to the oven to finish off for 10 minutes.
Top Tip for making Spiced celeriac and sweet potato bake
This would be just as good with parsnips instead of celeriac, and well if you are not vegan go ahead and top with cheese!
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Surprisingly cheap Mother's Day gift mums ACTUALLY want as chocolate and jewellery drop in popularity
New research has found that many mums in the UK have a very simple wish list this Mother's Day
By Emma Dooney • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Prince Harry has ‘changed so much’ from the ‘free, easy going boy’ he once was, says Princess Diana’s former butler
“He needs to take accountability for the part he has played and the stress he has caused his family”
By Charlie Elizabeth Culverhouse • Published