This dish gets its heat from the addition of schezuan or Sichuan pepper and chilli so you can adjust the heat to suit your taste. The addition of breadcrumbs into the meatballs makes them deliciously moist and moreish. Serve with noodles or on their own as a nibble
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 4tbsp light soy sauce
- 300g pork mince
- 20g ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 12 15 schezuan peppercorns
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 20g ginger chopped finely
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1tbsp crushed schezuan pepper
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 750ml chicken stock
- Glug of rice wine or sherry
- 6 spring onions chopped
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the light soy sauce.
- Place pork, ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onions and schezuan pepper in a food processor, add the soaked breadcrumbs and blitz.
- Make the mixture into meatballs about the size of a small walnut and set aside.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the meatballs. Fry for around 10 minutes or until golden.
- Start the broth by frying the chopped ginger garlic and chilli in a little vegetable oil.
- Add the dark soy, stock, schezuan pepper, rice wine or sherry and spring onions. Taste and adjust seasoning to suit.
- Add the meatballs to the pot and heat through.
- Serve with some noodles (vermicelli or egg) or on their own as a starter.
Top Tip for making Spicy schezuan pork meatballs
For less heat halve the amount of chilli and schezuan pepper added
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World's roast dinner
With Slimming World's roast dinner you'll never feel like you have to miss out on the most important meal of the week again.
By Slimming World • Last updated
Harissa roast chicken with jewelled cous cous
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Honey-roasted summer veg
Try honey-roasted summer veg from Woman's Weekly with your roast chicken, beef, lamb or pork. See our roast dinner recipes too.
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published
The Queen's hilariously clever trick to get guests to dinner in a timely manner
Queen Elizabeth II's clever way she got guests to dinner promptly.
By Selina Maycock • Published