Here is a really simple recipe for a vegetable lasagne, which is ready in just 55 minutes. The kids will love it too and it feeds a family of four, for just £5.20
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano or basil
- 400g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 200g light cream cheese
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- 125g grated mozzarella cheese
- 125g or 4-5 sheets quick cook lasagne
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and cook gently for 4-5 mins until golden. Add the garlic and cook 1 min. Spoon half of the onion into a bowl, then add the canned tomatoes and dried herbs to the pan and simmer for 5 mins.
- Put the spinach into a large sieve and press with a wooden spoon to squeeze out as much water as possible then put into the bowl with the onion, soft cheese and drained sweetcorn, mix well and season.
- Spoon a third of this mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish approx 20cm square. Add a layer of pasta followed by another layer of spinach, a third of the tomato sauce, pasta, spinach, tomato, pasta and finally tomato sauce.
- Scatter over the mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until browned on top.
Top Tip for making Spinach and sweetcorn lasagne
You can use cream cheese with garlic and herbs if you like
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Creamed corn salad
Creamed corn salad is a super simple and delicious side dish that's great with roast pork belly for an American-style dinner.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Pasta with smoked salmon and cream
Goodtoknow has lots of easy recipes and dinner for one recipes like this pasta with smoked salmon cream sauce. Find out more easy recipes at www.goodtoknow.co.uk
By Jennifer Shepherd • Published
Pasta shells with crayfish
This pasta shells with crayfish recipe is so easy to make and only takes 20 mins to rustle up
By Jessica Dady • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
The Queen's strange pasta rule that Princess Charlotte breaks
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published