Learn how to make Stilton and sage chicken parcels with this stuffed chicken recipe.
An easy dish with just four ingredients - this is the perfect way to transform a simple chicken breast with rich, creamy Stilton cheese and a salty pancetta wrap. We'd recommend serving with mashed potatoes and greens or new potatoes pan-fried with some butter and garlic.
Try swapping the sage leaves for rosemary instead for a different flavour or you could try wrapping the chicken parcels in bacon for a cheaper option.
- 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese, roughly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts
- Fresh sage leaves or rosemary
- 4 strips of pancetta
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 (180ºC, 350ºF). Take each chicken breast and cut a slit in the side of the breast to create a pocket.
- In the 'pocket', place 2 sage leaves. Take half of the Stilton cheese and press into each pocket. Push the edges of the pocket together to cover the cheese and enclose inside the chicken.
- Wrap 2 strips of pancetta around the chicken, and secure with a cocktail stick if you wish. Place on a hot baking tray andcook for 10 mins until chicken is tender.
- Serve with creamy mash potato and seasonal steamed green vegetables.