A hidden layer of white chocolate makes this scrumptious strawberry tart devilishly delicious
- 375g (13oz) ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
- 50g (2oz) white chocolate
- 284ml (½ pint) double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- One punnet of strawberries, washed and halved
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5). Roll out the pastry and line a 25cm (10in) greased loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base with a fork and cook the tart for 15 mins or until the pastry's golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and spread over the base of the tart case.
- Whip the cream and vanilla together until firm and spread on top of the white chocolate.
- Top the tart with the halved strawberries, arranged in rows.
Top Tip for making Strawberry and white chocolate tart
Strawberries are in season in the UK from late June to mid-August so pick your own for ultimate freshness.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.