We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
This tasty chicken recipe is a classic BBQ dish and can be enjoyed by the whole family whatever the weather
- 8 chicken thighs, with skin on
- For the stuffing:
- 200g carton cream cheese
- 100g (3½oz) pitted black olives, chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 serving of
- Use a small, sharp knife to remove the bones from the chicken thighs.
- Slash through the skin of the chicken
To make the stuffing:
- Beat the cream cheese to soften it, then stir in the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and seasoning
- Divide the mixture between the chicken thighs, wrapping the chicken around the filling.
- Place the stuffed chicken thighs in a shallow dish and spoon the marinade over
- Leave to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Thread the marinated chicken thighs on to skewers, using 2 skewers for 4 thighs, as the double skewers will help to prevent them spinning around when they’re cooking.
- Cook the chicken over a medium heat on the barbecue for about 15 minutes, turning them regularly, and brushing over any extra marinade
- Take care to fully heat through any marinade, as it will contain some raw meat juices
- Cook the chicken until the juices run clear when the flesh is pierced with the point of a knife
- Remove from the barbecue and serve immediately
Top tip for making Stuffed chicken thighs
Using chicken portionswith the skin on helpsto keep the meat moresucculent than if you useskinless chicken thighs.