Our summer rolls with coconut chicken are a light, vibrant Vietnamese inspired dish that are full of fresh flavour. These rice paper summer rolls are the perfect party or picnic food that is a bit different from your standard fare. We poached chicken fillets in coconut milk to infuse them with a rich and nutty flavour, before shredding and dividing between the rice paper wrappers. Fresh herbs and crisp vegetables give these summer rolls a refreshing feel, and filling them with rice noodles makes them a bit more substantial. Paired with this moreish peanut dipping sauce, our summer rolls with coconut chicken are guaranteed to be a hit.
- 400ml can coconut milk
- juice of half a lime
- 300g chicken breast fillets
- 45g vermicelli rice noodles
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- selection of mixed herbs (we used, mint, coriander, thai basil and chives)
- 1/3 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
For the dipping sauce
- 2tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1tsp soy sauce
- juice of a lime
- 1tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat coconut milk and lime juice together in a saucepan, add chicken and cook for 15 min, until cooked through. Remove chicken, reserving 3tbsp of the cooking liquid. Shred chicken and stir through reserved liquid.
- Soak noodles in a bowl of boiling water for 4-5 min, until tender but al dente.
- To assemble each roll, dunk a rice-paper wrapper in cold water to make it pliable, then arrange herb leaves, noodles, chicken and vegetables on top, ensuring you don’t overfill. Fold top and bottom of wrapper up over filling, then roll in the sides to make a nice, tight parcel.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients well and stir in 1-2tbsp water to thin. Serve with summer rolls.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers Published
A great British favourite, this Indian tandoori chicken is very tasty and spicy and easy to cook. Serve it up with a yogurt dip and your favourite kind of naan bread.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published