This vegetarian lasagne is a summer sensation – packed with fresh vegetables to give you a dose of vitamins, antioxidants and fibre as well as around 3 portions to put towards your 5-a-day total
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large courgette, chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500g jar tomato sauce for lasagne with roasted onion and garlic
- 6 lasagne sheets (weighing about 100g)
- 470g jar creamy sauce for lasagne
- 100g grated mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C / Gas 5.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add the green beans, courgette, red onion and peppers. Cook over a medium-high heat, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened – about 4-5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir in the tomato sauce for lasagne with roasted onion and garlic.
Tip half the vegetable mixture into a large rectangular baking dish, measuring about 26cm x 20cm. Arrange 3 lasagne sheets on top, then spread half the creamy sauce for lasagne over them. Repeat the layers, then sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese evenly over the surface.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked and golden brown. Allow to stand for a few minutes, then serve, garnished with a few basil leaves.
Top tip for making Summer vegetable lasagne
Cool any leftovers quickly, then keep them covered and refrigerated – reheating them thoroughly the next day until piping hot.