Swordfish is an inexpensive fish that is often forgotten about even thought it's packed full of flavour, easy to cook and contains loads of healthy oils for your skin and hair too. This tasty recipe covers the fish in sweet and sour flavoured chilli sauce for a delicious dinner, served with tender broccoli and baby spuds. This family meal can be made inexpensively and in under 20 minutes.
- 300g baby new potatoes, halved
- 175g tenderstem broccoli
- 4 x 150g pieces swordfish steak
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 Peppadew peppers, sliced
- 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Bring the potatoes to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tenderstem broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes until the potatoes and broccoli are tender.
- Meanwhile, season the swordfish steaks with salt and ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the swordfish steaks and cook for 10 minutes, turning them occasionally, until just cooked.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the fish and add the sliced Peppadew peppers, sweet chilli sauce and the garlic. Heat through for 2 minutes. Serve with the tenderstem broccoli and the new potatoes.
Top Tip for making Sweet chilli swordfish with tenderstem broccoli
If you can't find tenderstem broccoli this dish is just as tasty with regular broccoli - just remember to cook it for slightly longer.