Looking for a filling meal in minutes? This is perfect! Stripping vegetables into thin ribbons means they combine easily with the tagliatelle and get well coated in the garlic, thyme, chilli and olive oil. Serve with a side salad and crusty bread for a delicious family meal that takes hardly any fuss.
- 150-200g tagliatelle
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek, trimmed, cut into 8cm lengths and then cut into ribbons
- 1 romano red pepper and 1 romano yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- A few small sprigs of fresh thyme
- Good pinch of dried chilli flakes or fresh chilli, finely sliced, optional
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Cook the pasta according to pack directions. Meanwhile, warm the oil in a large frying pan and add the leek and pepper strips, garlic and thyme; cook for 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pan. Stir in the leek mixture, season well and sprinkle with chilli, if you like, then drizzle with more oil.
Top Tip for making Tagliatelle with leek and pepper ribbons
Add a couple of handfuls of spinachleaves, some sautéed mushrooms,nuts, seeds, olives or grated cheese.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.