A really zingy Thai beef curry with fresh coriander and lime juice – and it only takes 20 minutes to make
- 500g (1lb 2oz) rump steak, cut into strips
- 2-3tbsp red curry paste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1tsp sugar
- 2tsp groundnut oil
- 250ml (9fl oz) can half-fat coconut milk
- 500g (1lb 2oz) packet stir-fry vegetables
- 250g (9oz) thick rice noodles
- 4tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
Mix the steak with the curry paste, lime juice and sugar. Leave to marinate for 5 mins.
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the beef and stir-fry for 2 mins.
Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, then add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins.
Cook the noodles according to packet instructions and drain well.
Sprinkle the coriander over the beef and serve spooned on top of the noodles.
Top tip for making Thai coconut beef
Curry pastes vary in strength, so you'll need to experiment to find one that suits you.