Madeleine Shaw's Thai coconut prawn soup with courgetti is fresh and tasty, but so easy to make. The courgetti, or spiralized courgette, give the soup some extra texture and make it more satisfying. It's gluten free, dairy free and packed full of protein, so this is a great soup to try if you're interested in "clean eating".
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 x 400ml can of coconut milk
- 200ml fresh vegetable stock (chicken or fish)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 200g prawns
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp green thai curry paste
- 2 courgettes
- Wash your prawns, pat them dry and rub them in the grated ginger.
- Grate the carrots and leave them to the side.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot add the curry paste and fry for 30 seconds, add in the carrot and stir for another 30 seconds then pour in the coconut milk and stock made with filtered water. Let this cook for 5 minutes on a simmer.
- Finely slice up the chilli and coriander. Spirulize the courgettes then throw them into the soup along with the chilli and prawns, Cook for 4 minutes then serve with fresh coriander. Feel free to add other veggies in here like mushrooms, peppers or sugar snaps!
Top Tip for making Thai coconut prawn soup with courgetti
If you do not have a spiralizer, you can cut the courgette into usable, thin strips by pressing down hard with a peeler, and then going over the slices lengthways with a knife.