Our Thai soup with turkey and noodles is a fantastic way to use a turkey carcass that you might have leftover after a big roast. Put it in with the coconut milk, 300ml of water and simmer for 20 minutes. This will develop the flavour and remove any small remaining pieces of turkey that are on the carcass. Strain and then continue with the recipe from step 2. This Thai soup will also work well with any left over chicken. You could make your own Thai red curry paste but with so many ready made options in the supermarkets, we won’t tell if you don’t! One thing is for sure, once you’ve made this Thai soup, a shop bought carton or tin will never do again. The coconut milk is rich and creamy and the Thai red curry paste provides just enough heat to warm you through without blowing you away with spice. Trust us, you’ll make this again and again.
- 125g Thai rice noodles
- 2tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 200g cooked turkey or chicken meat, broken into pieces
- 1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- dash of fish sauce
- Put the noodles into a large bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave for 4 mins until the noodles swell up and turn white.
- Meanwhile, put the curry paste into a pan with the coconut milk. Heat gently, stirring.
- Add the turkey, spring onions, red pepper, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and a pinch of sugar. Warm through for a few mins.
- Add the noodles and heat up for 1 min.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Broccoli and Stilton soup
This easy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe are a favourite thanks to its creamy, rich flavour. The broccoli and cheese pair perfectly together...
By Jessica Dady Published
This creamy potato soup recipe is the perfect winter warmer. Top it with cheese and bacon for a soup version of a baked potato.
By Nichola Palmer Published
Creamy carrot and parsnip soup
This delicious creamy carrot and parsnip soup recipe is easy to make, simple and healthy too - a delicious winter warmer!
By Sue McMahon Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published