This fresh tomato salad is quick and easy to make, and it’s bursting with delicious juicy flavours!
- 2-3 beef tomatoes or large vine ripened tomatoes
- 250g (9oz) cherry tomatoes (vine ripened if preferred)
- Small punnet baby plum tomatoes or sungold tomatoes
- Half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- Chopped parsley
- For the dressing:
- 8tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1tsp caster sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice the large tomatoes and arrange in a shallow serving dish. Halve the remaining tomatoes and pile in the middle of the dish. Scatter the onion slices on top.
Put the dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake vigorously. Leave at least 30 mins to allow the garlic to flavour the dressing. Remove the garlic before using. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes. Scatter the parsley on top and serve with crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices and dressing.