Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Thyme and leek tart makes a spring main course for vegetarians, or can be made smaller to serve as a vegetarian starter. The tangy leek and fragrant thyme work really well together to make one flavoursome tart.
- 25g butter
- 1tbsp vegetable boullion powder
- 4-5 leeks, sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 320g ready rolled puff pastry
- 2tbsp milk
- 6tbsp green olive tapenade
- 6 eggs
- Melt the butter in a pan with the bouillion powder and 2tbsp water over a gentle heat. Add the sliced leeks, thyme leaves and season. Cover with a lid and allow to soften for 10-15 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Cut out 6 x 10cm circles from the pastry, using an 8cm cutter make an indentation in each to create a border. Score the base of the pastry to prevent it rising too much, then brush the borders with a little milk. Bake for 10-12 mins, until golden and risen.
- Turn the oven off. Push the scored centres of the pastry down and spread each with 1tbsp tapenade. Top with leek. Return to the oven to reheat just before serving.
- Poach the eggs and place on top of the leeks to serve.
Top Tip for making Thyme and leek tart
Poach the eggs ahead and pop each one into a bowl of cold water, then gently re-warm in a pan of hot water to serve.