Toffee and apples make a delicious combination and this toffee apple cake is no exception. Perfect for a Halloween party or an autumn dessert, rustle up this delicious cake and serve with creme fraiche
- 385g can apple slices, drained
- 397g can caramel
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 175g self-raising flour, sieved
- Creme fraiche to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Roughly chop half of the apple slices.
- Grease and line the base of a 22-23cm cake tin with baking parchment.
- Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten eggs, with a little of the flour after each addition. Gently fold in the remaining flour until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add chopped apple to the mix and gently swirl in ¾ can caramel. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Arrange the remaining apple slices over the top of the cake, cutting any thick slices lengthways.
- Spoon the remaining caramel over the top of the cake, then bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Top with a little creme fraiche to serve.
Top Tip for making Toffee apple cake
Using canned apples in juice or water makes this dessert much healthier.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Stewed apples recipe
This stewed apples recipe is easy to make and versatile. Use use them to make apple pie, crumble or serve with roast pork. Ready in 30 minutes...
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Quick apple croissants
Thought apple croissants could only be made using complex baking techniques? This quick apple croissants recipe is just the cheat you need.
By Miriam Habtesellasie • Published
Vegan apple crumble
This vegan apple crumble is nut-free as well as being dairy-free and vegan, and it tastes great, so it's perfect for serving up to people with mixed dietary requirements.
By Sue McMahon • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
25 best Halloween movies for kids and adults
Browse our pick of the best Halloween movies and where to watch them as spooky season approaches
By Grace Walsh • Published
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Echo 3 on Apple TV: Is it based on a true story, and where was it filmed?
Echo 3 true story: What is the true inspiration behind Apple TV's latest military drama? We take a look, and reveal other exciting details about the show.
By Lucy Wigley • Published