These cupcakes have the classic British flavour of toffee throughout. Given by using sweet and sticky toffee sauce these cupcakes have a light sponge that’s soft and moist. These cupcakes are so simple to make and are perfect for sharing with friends and family. A toffee glaze or toffee buttercream is a delicious way to complete these cupcakes. Whether you’re looking for something really special for a celebration or just want something tasty to tuck into with your afternoon tea, give these toffee cupcakes a go and you’ll not be disappointed. It takes just 35 minutes to make and the recipe serves 8 people, so it’s a great one to try if you’re feeding a crowd – but be warned, your guests might just ask for seconds! Try it this week and you’ll find yourself with a new go to recipe.
- 40g softened butter or margarine
- 80g caster sugar
- 120g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp toffee ice-cream sauce
- 120ml milk
For the frosting:
- 50g softened butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp toffee ice-cream sauce
- To make this cupcake recipe, preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 6 to 8 cupcake cases
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix through the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Beat through the egg and toffee sauce. Mix through the milk until just combined
- Fill the cupcake cases to two thirds full
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. When cool make the frosting by beating together the butter and toffee sauce
- Add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Pipe or spread onto the cakes
Top Tip for making Toffee cupcakes
For added toffee flavour, drizzle toffee sauce over the buttercream just before you serve them
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Our easy chocolate cupcake recipe takes 20 minutes to bake and have a rich chocolate buttercream topping.
By Rosie Conroy Last updated
Halloween pumpkin cupcakes
These Halloween pumpkin cupcakes contain pumpkin puree in the cake batter and take 18 minutes to bake.
By Jessica Ransom Last updated
This vanilla cupcakes recipe comes from the famous Hummingbird Bakery in London.
By Jessica Dady Last updated
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published