Red chilli paste gives this quick and easy recipe a real kick, while lime and coriander enhances the flavour of the tuna
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 10ml (2tsp) sunflower oil
- 100g (4oz) butter, softened
- 5-10ml (1-2tsp) red chilli paste
- 15ml (1tbsp) lime juice
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- 350g (12oz) prepared green veg such as courgettes, broccoli and mangetout
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat a cast-iron griddle pan or skillet. Brush the steaks with the oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 2-4 mins on each side until the steaks are seared and cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, beat together the butter, chilli paste, lime juice and coriander.
- Lightly boil or steam the green vegetables for 4-5 mins until just tender.
- Serve the tuna steaks with the cooked vegetables and top each steak with a quarter of the chilli and lime butter. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Top Tip for making Tuna steaks with chilli and lime butter
If you're concerned about tuna becoming an endangered species, you can use salmon obtained from sustainable sources instead.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
These tuna fishcakes are so easy to prepare and make the most beautiful starter, lunch or light supper with a pretty green salad alongside.
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Tuna pasta bake
Tuna pasta bake is a classic family meal. Make this easy tuna, sweetcorn, and pasta bake in just 30 mins for a quick midweek dinner packed full of veggies...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published