The sweet and sour veg adds an oriental flavour to this delicious fish recipe.
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 2 celery hearts, rinsed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2tbsp capers
- 4tsp unrefined sugar
- 3tbsp white wine vinegar
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 mins. Add the chopped celery and cook for a further 3-4 mins until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat until the tomatoes become pulpy. Add the capers, sugar and vinegar. Turn up the heat and cook until the vinegar has evaporated. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle and brush the tuna with a little oil and season. Place the tuna in the hot pan and cook for about 3 mins on each side. (1 min each side for rare, 4 mins each side for well done).
- Serve the fish topped with the celery mixture and scatter over chopped parsley. Season to taste.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
This beer battered fish recipe leaves you with a crisp and golden brown skin which is delicious. Serve your deep-fried fish with chips and mushy peas
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
This super easy heating hack to save on energy bills takes SECONDS to do
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Last updated