Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Our strawberry salad would be great on Valentine's Day or as a starter for another special date night dinner...
This strawberry salad is super easy to prepare and perfect if you're planning a romantic meal at home for Valentine's Day (opens in new tab) or another special occasion. Strawberries in a salad may sound a little strange, but try it and you will be pleasantly surprised. The flavours really compliment the feta cheese. This strawberry salad recipe would also work well with goat's cheese or mozzarella if preferred. Have fun experimenting! For an extra special touch pick your strawberries carefully and slice them through the middle so that they look more like lovehearts. You could sprinkle the salad with nuts and seeds for a bit of added bite too.
- 150 g (5 oz) strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or preferred light dressing
- Half teaspoon mixed coloured peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 100 g (4 oz) feta cheese
- 75 g (3 oz) spinach leaves or mixed salad
- almond flakes, to serve (optional)
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Put the strawberries into a bowl and toss with the vinegar and half the peppercorns. Mix with the spinach leaves and crumble in the feta cheese.
- Just before serving, toast your bread and sprinkle the salad with the almonds. Spoon on to two serving plates and eat immediately.
Top Tip for making Valentine strawberry salad
Serve the salad with warm crusty bread and experiment with goat's cheese or mozzarella if preferred.