This traditional Moroccan recipe is gloriously aromatic and bursting with exotic flavours. The dish is quite filling on its own, but goes brilliantly with a side serving of couscous to soak up all the delicious juices.
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 aubergine, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x sachets Moroccan Reason to Season
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 125g ready-to-eat dried apricots, halved
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 75g whole blanched almonds
- 20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Couscous, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook until golden. Add the aubergine and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Stir in the Moroccan seasoning, squash, apricots, tomatoes, chickpeas and honey. Cover, heat to simmering, then simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add almonds and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander. Serve with couscous.