You can use Stilton, Roquefort or Dolcelatte in these succulent venison burgers topped with crispy bootlace shallots
- 700 g./1 ½ lb venison mince
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5tbsp double cream
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp chopped chives
- 4 crushed juniper berries
- 200 g/7 oz blue cheese
- Olive oil
- 16 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 rolls, slit in half and lightly toasted
- Lettuce, slices of tomato, red onion and gherkin to serve
- Season the mince and, using your hands, lightly combine with the cream, garlic, parsley, chives and juniper berries. Shape into 4 patties and make a slight indentation in the top with your fingers.
- Divide the cheese into 4 and shape each piece into a ball. Insert into the burgers and pull the meat over the top and seal in the cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen paper.
- Preheat a griddle pan until very hot. Sear the burgers to seal in the juices then cook for 2 minutes on each side so that the cheese melts.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the base of each toasted bun, perch a burger on top and finish with slices of tomato, red onion, gherkin and a helping of bootlace shallots.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Joe Wicks' McLeanie turkey burger
Joe Wicks' McLeanie burger is bursting with flavour and it's a healthier alternative to shop bought. This turkey burger is made from scratch but so easy!
By Joe Wicks • Published
Learn how to make homemade burgers with our easy and simple recipe. This burger recipe can be made with beef, pork, turkey or vegetarian mince
By Jessica Dady • Published
Our easy and quick chicken burger is the perfect option when you want something easy but tasty.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
McDonald's is axing these NINE popular items from its menu and bringing back iconic chicken burger
The fast food retailer is making some big changes to its menu
By Selina Maycock • Published
McDonald's shakes up its menu with new vegan burger and extra spicy wrap
McDonald's added the savoury bites to its UK menu on Wednesday, much to the excitement of its loyal customers
By Emma Dooney • Published
McDonald's potato waffles are coming to the UK as legendary burger is scrapped
We're so ready for McDonald's potato waffles
By Caitlin Elliott • Published