You can use Stilton, Roquefort or Dolcelatte in these succulent venison burgers topped with crispy bootlace shallots
- 700 g./1 ½ lb venison mince
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5tbsp double cream
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp chopped chives
- 4 crushed juniper berries
- 200 g/7 oz blue cheese
- Olive oil
- 16 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 rolls, slit in half and lightly toasted
- Lettuce, slices of tomato, red onion and gherkin to serve
- Season the mince and, using your hands, lightly combine with the cream, garlic, parsley, chives and juniper berries. Shape into 4 patties and make a slight indentation in the top with your fingers.
- Divide the cheese into 4 and shape each piece into a ball. Insert into the burgers and pull the meat over the top and seal in the cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen paper.
- Preheat a griddle pan until very hot. Sear the burgers to seal in the juices then cook for 2 minutes on each side so that the cheese melts.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the base of each toasted bun, perch a burger on top and finish with slices of tomato, red onion, gherkin and a helping of bootlace shallots.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Joe Wicks' McLeanie turkey burger
Joe Wicks' McLeanie burger is bursting with flavour and it's a healthier alternative to shop bought. This turkey burger is made from scratch but so easy!
By Joe Wicks • Published
Learn how to make homemade burgers with our easy and simple recipe. This burger recipe can be made with beef, pork, turkey or vegetarian mince
By Jessica Dady • Published
Our easy and quick chicken burger is the perfect option when you want something easy but tasty.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
McDonald's halloumi fries are on the new summer menu with four brand new burgers
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Last updated
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Published
This super easy heating hack to save on energy bills takes SECONDS to do
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published