Paul Hollywood and estranged wife Alex have been granted a divorce.
The Great British Bake Off judge has been separated from his wife of 19 years since they parted ways two years ago back in November of 2017.
Earlier today it was revealed that the pair were granted a decree nisi in a hearing at the Central Family Court by district judge Robert Duddridge, though neither of the duo were present when it took place.
This is an important step to the couple’s divorce going through, as after this all that has to happen is that the divorce petitioner has to wait six weeks and a day to apply for a decree abolsute, which is the final dissolution of marriage.
A trial to resolve contested financial remedy proceedings was supposted to start on the coming Monday, however it was revealed that the trial would not go ahead anymore.
Paul and Alex had been working towards a divorce settlement for months after they were unable to come to an agreement on the TV chef’s £10 million fortune, of which Alex is entitled to half.
‘Alex’s lawyers have been forensically poring over these latest accounts,’ a source told The Sun.
‘After weeks of stand-off and wrangling, things are drawing to a close. They expect to finalise the divorce in eight weeks.’
The pair, who share 18-year-old son Josh together, confirmed their separation back in 2017 with a statement reading: ‘It is with sadness that we have decided to separate.
‘Our focus continues to be the happiness of our son, and we would ask the press and public to allow us privacy as a family during this very difficult time.’
Earlier this year, food writer Alex, who recently spoke out about her cancer diagnosis, opened up about the split on This Morning, saying that it has been a difficult time.
‘At the end of the day, divorce is such a hard thing,’ said the mum-of-one. ‘Anyone who has been through it would understand. It’s more if it’s in the public eye.’
She added: ‘I get I was married to someone who was on one of the nicest, best shows on TV, for years, so there will be interest.’