Choosing the right wedding song takes a lot of consideration, but, surprisingly, a lot of people regret their decision.
54 per cent said they would choose another tune for their first dance song if they were to marry again, according to research carried out by GoodtoKnow.
The survey of 1,000 people was directed at married adults living in the UK and participants were asked to reveal both their wedding song and what they would choose for their first dance song now.
Golden oldies have been replaced with modern artists’ offerings from the likes of Ed Sheeran and Snow Patrol, with Ed Sheeran’s ‘Perfect’ the clear winner for today’s weddings.
Couples’ top choice was ‘Wonderful Tonight’ by Eric Clapton, topping the polls. Paul Weller’s ‘You Do Something To Me’ was also a favourite.
The most popular first dance songs couples chose for their wedding day
- Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton
- You Do Something To Me, Paul Weller
- Hero, Enrique Iglesias
- Have I Told You Lately That I Love You, Rod Stewart
- From This Moment, Shania Twain
- Stand By Me, Ben E King
- Angels, Robbie Williams
- Eternal Flames, The Bangles
- Perfect Day, Kirsty McColl
- Power of Love, Jennifer Rush
Modern favourites include ‘Crazy In Love’ by Beyonce and a tongue-in-cheek suggestion of ‘Here You Come Again’ by Dolly Parton.
The top wedding songs couples would choose if they were to marry again
- Perfect, Ed Sheeran,
- Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran
- Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
- She Will Be Loved, Maroon 5
- One, U2
- Unchained Melody, Righteous Brothers
- Elton John, Your Song
- All of Me, John Legend
- Always, Bon Jovi
- You’re Still The One, Shania Twain
Which wedding song did you go for?
How very romantic…