Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
We admire any husband brave enough to ask his wife what she is thinking.
At any one time we are normally musing on a hundred different things, ranging from the predictable to the down right bizarre.
One Reddit user did exactly that, asking his wife to draw a diagram of 'what is on her mind' at any one time. After handing him her response, he didn't know quite what to make of the results.
Image:Reddit/bpwwhirl (opens in new tab)
While we feel that she did the female brain justice in many ways; 'Where is that one thing I can't find from two years ago?' and 'My boobs won't stay in my bra (they betray me)', there were definitely a few more thoughts she left off the list that our brain is treated to daily:
1. How many coffees is too many coffees?
Another one couldn't hurt could it?
2. HOW have I put on weight?
I had soup for lunch yesterday and everything. (Let's not mention the three rounds of toast.)
3. Wait. Is there still that half a Twix left in the fridge... ?
4. I should really take out the rubbish. And tidy the whole house.
Best just watch Loose Women first.
5. When did I last shave my legs?
This must be a new personal record.
6. I definitely have put on weight.
Maybe it's water retention. Yeah probably. This will all just drop off.
7. That's it, I'm going to start a diet tomorrow. And the gym.
No, scrap that. I'll start on Monday.
8. How is it nearly time to pick the kids up from school?
But I had SO many things to achieve today.
9. I'm having a good hair day and no one is here to see it.
Life is so unfair. Would a selfie be a step too far?
10. How can I make salad taste great?
A side of chips would probably do the trick.
11. I wonder if the kids are happy.
I really hope they're happy. What could I do to make them happier?
12. I should probably try harder to help them with maths homework.
And make them listen to classical music.
13. How early is too early to open a bottle of wine?
Like, now, early.
14. Why is the house full of plastic carrier bags until I NEED one?
I will NOT pay the 5p charge when I was knee-deep in plastic bags yesterday.
15. I AM SO TIRED.
Maybe everyone feels this tired?
16. Could I get away with leaving my children in the supermarket?
Just behind the fridges?
17. I definitely need a holiday.
It wouldn't be SO bad to leave the kids behind would it?
18. In fact I deserve to be given a holiday.
Husband. Anyone? Who wants to pay for me to lie on the beach?
19. Ergh if I don't take the kids to Disneyworld this year I am the worst mum ever?
I wonder how many Nectar Points one trip would be?
20. What did I do with all my spare time/money before I had children?
21. Was there even a life before my family?
If there was, I don't remember it.
What thoughts would be on your daily list? Leave us a comment below!
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Kate Middleton and Prince William's £3k 'secret' airport menu
Kate Middleton and Prince William enjoy a 'secret' airport menu costing over £3,000 when they fly from London Heathrow
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson welcome second child together via surrogate
Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson's second child has been born a month after their exciting baby news was confirmed...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
70 fantastic facts that will blow your kids’ minds
Dazzle and amaze little ones with these mind-blowing facts… They’re so good they’ll leave grown-ups speechless too!
By Emily Stedman • Last updated
28 Christmas traditions to try with your family this year
From secret Santa footprints to candy canes grown in a VERY special way, here are our favourite ways to add little extra magic to Christmas - from December 1st to the big day!
By Jessica Dady • Published
Last posting dates before Christmas 2020
Make sure your gifts arrive in time for Christmas!
By Sibelle Mehmet • Published
Naughty Elf On The Shelf: When Elf on the Shelf goes horribly wrong
You might want to watch your back...
By GoodtoKnow • Published
1st birthday party ideas
It's your little one's 1st birthday but what do you do? We give you advice on who to invite, where to go, what to bake and how you can enjoy your baby's big day
By Lucy Buglass • Last updated
Six of the best plants to grow with kids
Looking for the best plants to grow with kids? Sowing a seed in earth is like magic. And the reward of watching a seedling push its head into the sunlight is a thrill for all ages.
By Sharon Sweeney • Published
How to make knitted bunting
This cute knitted bunting pattern is so easy to make the kids can help, and they can pick the colours, too!
By Gemma Chandler • Published
Mother's Day crafts for kids
These Mother's Day cards, 'I owe you' vouchers and gorgeous body scrub jars are easy for kids to make and you'll love them, too
By Jennifer Shepherd • Published