Is it just us or do you always find old shoe-boxes hanging around the house? Well, we've got the answer for you - make them into a picture frame!
This clever little craft idea takes a household item and gives it a new lease of life! All you need is a little patience, some string and some imagination and you can create your own shoebox picture frame.
But what would you put inside your new frame? They're the perfect place to store your little ones' creations or memories from a special day. You could even attach some dried flowers to the paper to turn it into a feature in your room - the possibilities are endless!
You will need...
- Different sized shoe box lids
- Light blue, green and pink paints
- Patterned paper
- Glue stick
- Strong glue
- Skewer or bradawl
- Paint the back, sides and inside edge of the shoe box lids with light blue, green and pink paints and leave to dry.
- Measure and cut some patterned paper backgrounds to fit inside the back of each lid, and glue in place.
- Place the lids together with sides touching, to create a large irregular shaped frame. When you are happy with the arrangement, stick the sides together with strong glue - use pegs to hold in place while the glue dries.
- Make a hole in the corner of a lid on the left and right hand sides of the frame with a skewer or bradawl. Cut a length of string and thread the ends through the holes, then triple knot to secure in place.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Where is Love Island Aftersun filmed?
It's the spin-off show that airs every Sunday after the main show, but where is Love Island Aftersun filmed?
By Robyn Morris • Published
Chinese birth chart: Will I have a boy or a girl?
A Chinese birth chart predicts whether you're expecting a girl or a boy, see for yourself...
By Stephanie Lowe • Published