Is it just us or do you always find old shoe-boxes hanging around the house? Well, we’ve got the answer for you – make them into a picture frame!
This clever little craft idea takes a household item and gives it a new lease of life! All you need is a little patience, some string and some imagination and you can create your own shoebox picture frame.
But what would you put inside your new frame? They’re the perfect place to store your little ones’ creations or memories from a special day. You could even attach some dried flowers to the paper to turn it into a feature in your room – the possibilities are endless!
You will need…
- Different sized shoe box lids
- Light blue, green and pink paints
- Patterned paper
- Glue stick
- Strong glue
- Skewer or bradawl
- Paint the back, sides and inside edge of the shoe box lids with light blue, green and pink paints and leave to dry.
- Measure and cut some patterned paper backgrounds to fit inside the back of each lid, and glue in place.
- Place the lids together with sides touching, to create a large irregular shaped frame. When you are happy with the arrangement, stick the sides together with strong glue – use pegs to hold in place while the glue dries.
- Make a hole in the corner of a lid on the left and right hand sides of the frame with a skewer or bradawl. Cut a length of string and thread the ends through the holes, then triple knot to secure in place.