Aldi has announced the return of its ICON wine range with its most premium collection to date.
Aldi has released details of its ICON wine (opens in new tab) range for 2020 - with 29 stand-out wines up to 75% cheaper than comparable wines.
Featuring bottles from some of the world's most prestigious regions, shoppers can purchase these ‘little luxuries’ exclusively online now, with staggered launches up until December - just in time to raise a glass for Christmas (opens in new tab).
And there's a bottle for every budget - from a Châteauneuf-du-Pape to a Vintage Champagne, the collection ranges from just £5.49 to £24.99 so you can decide whether to spend a little or a lot.
The new launch, follows on from the exciting release of Aldi's Christmas advert and forms part of the brand's continued commitment to open up the world of affordable wine (opens in new tab) to its customers.
Sam Caporn, The Mistress of Wine, said, “I am a huge fan of what I call 'little luxuries'; by which I mean affordable, attainable treats and nothing for me encapsulates a 'little luxury' more than a delicious bottle of wine! From Champagne to Chablis and Pinot Noir to Pouilly-Fumé there is a bottle within this range to suit every palate and preference and any meal and moment. Just grab a corkscrew, relax and enjoy savouring a glass of something special.”
And the new Aldi collection doesn't disappoint. It includes wines from some of the most highly regarded regions and admired appellations. Wine lovers can treat themselves to classic Bordeaux Margaux and Pomerol wines or discover fine Burgundies such as Gevrey-Chambertin or Pouilly-Fuissé, alongside standout wines from the New World including Argentina and California.
The perfect selection of tipples to wash down a mince pie from one of Aldi's 2020 Christmas hampers
And those who are partial to a glass of Champagne - some 1.9m bottles of bubbly were sold last Christmas - are also in for a treat with a vintage 2012 version of Aldi’s hugely successful Veuve Monsigny champagne.
The full range will be available exclusively online and some at Aldi in-store this season, with shoppers able to get their hands on the first bottles available now, and launches staggered until December.
Champagne and Sparkling Wine
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne NV (£12.99, 75cl)
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne Rosé NV (£16.99, 75cl)
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne 2012 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Lyme Bay English Sparkling (£14.99, 75cl)
- Caves Road Margaret River Chardonnay 2018 (£8.99, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Baron Amarillo Rioja Blanco(£7.49, 75cl)
- Metz Road Californian Chardonnay 2018 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Albert Lucas Chablis Premier Cru 2018 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Ferdinand Mayr Austrian Gruner Veltliner 2019 (£6.99, 75cl)
- Domaine G Saumaize Pouilly-Fuissé 2019 (£16.99, 75cl)
- Léon Vatan Pouilly-Fumé 2019 (£14.99, 75cl)
- Léon Vatan Sancerre 2019 (£14.99, 75cl)
- Piesporter Goldtropfchen German Riesling Spatlese 2018 (£7.49, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie 2019 (£5.49, 75cl)
- Silandeiro Rias Baixas Albariño 2019 (£6.99, 75cl)
- Redwood Hills Single Vineyard Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2020 (£7.99, 75cl)
- Homelands South African Old Vine Chenin Blanc 2019 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Cocodrilo Argentinian Malbec 2019 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Château Chene Liége Pomerol 2016 (£19.99, 75cl)
- La Croix de Boyd Cantenac Margaux 2014 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Ca’ Solare Barolo 2016 (£13.99, 75cl)
- Coastal Series South African Pinotage 2018 (£6.99, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG 2015 (£6.49, 75cl)
- Le Moulin Teyroud Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2018 (£19.99, 75cl)
- Pinot Vigilante Central Otago Pinot Noir 2019, (£9.99, 75cl)
- Berton Paddock Barossa Shiraz 2018 (£8.99, 75cl)
- Jean Lefort Gevrey-Chambertin 2019 (£24.99, 75cl)
- Specially Selected Rioja Gran Reserva 2012 (£9.99, 75cl)
- Corte Carista Amarone della Valpolicella 2017 (£13.99, 75cl)
- Canyon Springs Californian Cabernet Sauvignon (£9.99, 75cl)
Selina is a Senior Entertainment Writer with more than 14 years of experience in newspapers and magazines. She currently looks after all things Entertainment for Goodto.com, Woman&Home, and My Imperfect Life. Before joining Future Publishing, Selina graduated from the University of Sheffield in 2006 with a degree in Journalism. She is fully NCTJ and NCE qualified and has 100wpm shorthand. When she's not interviewing celebrities you can find her exploring new countryside walking routes, catching up with friends over good food, or making memories.
Chicken with goat's cheese and bacon
Chicken with goats cheese and bacon is a seriously impressive dish that's deceptively easy to put together. Perfect for when you want to impress your guests.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
BBQ chicken baguettes
BBQ chicken baguettes are sandwiches but loaded up with all sorts of good things, making them a really filling meal. With chicken fillets, Mediterranean vegetables cheese and a spicy sauce, they're more like a pizza dinner than your average sarnie.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published