This traditional Italian frittata is a perfect hassle-free healthy lunch or dinner served with a crunchy side salad. All you need is a few ingredients and one pan.
A cheese and onion frittata is a cross between a quiche and a fancy omelette. This one is simple to make and tasty at anytime of the day. If you're feeling adventurous you can add in courgette, ham, mushrooms or any leftovers you may have in the fridge. You can really get creative. It doesn't take long to make so you'll soon have a meal on the dinner table that tastes delicious. This frittata recipe feeds a family of four and also reheats perfectly so you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge to microwave the next day.
- 300g (10 1/2oz) new potatoes
- 100g (3 1/2oz) frozen peas
- 85g (3oz) pack of watercress
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions
- 8 large eggs
- 50g (2oz) Gruyère cheese
- 75g (3oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut 300g new potatoes into 1cm cubes, boil until tender. Boil 100g frozen peas for 2 mins. Chop 85g pack Asda Watercress.
- Heat 2tbsp olive oil in a 25cm non-stick frying pan. Add potato and cook, turning often, until golden. Add half a bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced, and cook for one minute.
- Lightly beat 8 large eggs and season. Add watercress, peas, 50g Gruyère and 25g grated Parmesan cheese and stir. Pour into pan and stir to mix in potatoes. Reduce heat, cook for 15 mins or until the egg is almost set.
- Sprinkle 25g grated Parmesan onto omelette, place under a pre-heated grill until egg is set. Serve hot or cold in wedges.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Cloud eggs recipe: How to make Instagram's latest breakfast obsession
Our cloud eggs recipe is really a pretty way to serve up your breakfast. With fluffy bottoms and dippy tops the whole family will love these...
By Rosie Conroy Published
Learn how to make bite-sized mini quiches with this easy recipe. Our quiches come with a bacon and cheese filling but you can experiment with flavours, too.
By Nichola Palmer Last updated
Feta and red pepper quiche
Full of summer flavours and the salty addition of feta cheese, this feta and red pepper quiche is a great picnic slice.
By Jules Mercer Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published