Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Stuffed peppers make delicious and healthy starters or light snacks - make with fresh basil and tomatoes for a quick recipe everyone will enjoy
- 4 large red peppers
- 250g quark
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 25g finely chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Chopped basil and parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/Gas 9.
- Using a small knife, cut the tops off the peppers and reserve, then scoop out the seeds. Sit the peppers on a microwaveable plate, cut-side up, and cook in the microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until they have wilted and softened.
- Meanwhile, mix the quark, garlic and chopped basil together and season well.
- Spoon half of the cherry tomatoes into the base of the peppers, then spoon the quark mixture over them.
- Top with the remaining cherry tomatoes and the reserved lids, spray with low calorie cooking spray and place on a baking sheet, cut side up. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately or at room temperature sprinkled with chopped basil and parsley.
Top Tip for making Slimming World's tomato and basil stuffed peppers
You can add cheese to the filling if you want; mozzarella goes perfectly with tomatoes and basil but goats cheese and feta also taste delicious in roasted peppers!