Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This easy chicken balti recipe is a real classic! Cooked in just 30 mins, this quick balti is packed full of flavour and is a real favourite on a Saturday night. A delicious and hearty chicken curry that's not too spicy, this chicken balti recipe serves 8 people and will take only 45 mins to prepare and cook. This tasty curry is much healthier than your average takeaway. The rich sauce is made from tomatoes and balti curry paste. It's a simple sauce that doesn't take hardly any ingredients to make. This subtle flavour works wonders with the tender cuts of chicken. Serve this dish with rice and naan bread for dipping.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 283g (10oz) balti curry paste
- 500g (17.5oz) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 410g (14.5oz) chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 300g (10.5oz) green beans, halved
- 250g (8.8oz) cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make this chicken curry recipe (opens in new tab), heat the oil in a large pan; add the onion and fry for about 7-8 mins, until lightly browned. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Stir in the curry paste until the chicken is thoroughly coated. Add 750ml hot water from the kettle and return to the boil. Stir and reduce the heat, cover the pan and allow to simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the sweet potatoes, chickpeas and green beans and simmer for a further 15 mins. Add the tomatoes and cook for 4-6 mins or until the tomatoes are just bursting and the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve alongside rice and naan bread.