This easy and quick to make French-inspired dish combines fillets of white fish with sun dried tomatoes, celery, fennel and bolognese sauce to create a filling dish bursting with flavour.
- 1 jar 750g bolognese sauce
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp freshly chopped oregano
- 1tsp tomato purée
- 1 small fennel, finely sliced
- 4 x 175g cod fillet
- Few sprigs of dill and a slice of lemon, serve with seasonal vegetables
- Heat the oil and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the oregano and then pour in the bolognese sauce and purée.
- Add the fennel, sun-dried tomatoes, celery and fish to the frying pan covering them with the sauce. Place the lid over the pan and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Garnish the fish with sprigs of dill and lemon and serve with seasonal vegetables of your choice.
Top Tip for making Cod provençal
Use our seasonal food calendar to find out which vegetables would go best with this recipe
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Baked cod in breadcrumbs
This delicious Baked cod in breadcrumbs recipe is a great alternative to takeaway fish and chips - it's a low-calorie version which is much healthier
By Jessica Dady • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published
The Queen's hilariously clever trick to get guests to dinner in a timely manner
Queen Elizabeth II's clever way she got guests to dinner promptly.
By Selina Maycock • Published