Our spicy tomato patatas bravas recipe is a real winner. Spanish-style patatas bravas are crispy potatoes drenched in a delicious spicy tomato sauce. Triple tested: Spanish-style crispy potatoes drenched in a delicious spicy tomato sauce. Add extra chilli for a real kick! Brought to you by Essentials magazine. This recipes serves 6 people and will take 1hr to prepare and cook.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 900g potatoes such as Maris Piper, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 700g jar passata
- 1tbsp fresh chopped oregano, or 11⁄2tsp dried
- 2tbsp sundried tomato paste
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4tbsp double cream
1. Heat 3tbsp oil in a frying pan. Season the potatoes with salt and black pepper and fryfor 20-30 mins, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp.
2. Add the onion, garlic and chilli, and cook for 5 mins. Add the passata, oregano, tomato paste and parsley. Season, then simmer for 10mins and stir in the cream.
3. To prep ahead, cook the potatoes and sauce in advance and just heat through when you need them.
Try our classic patatas bravas recipe
Top Tip for making Spicy tomato patatas bravas
To prep ahead, cook the potatoes and sauce in advance and just heat through when you need them.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Cheese and pickle straws
This cheese and pickle straws takes a simple party staple and ramps it up a level by adding a twist of tangy pickle to the mix.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Crushed potato salad
Forget shop bought potato salad or mayo-laiden calorie traps - this continental crushed potato salad recipe is quick, easy and packed with flavour.
By Sue McMahon Published
Crushed new potatoes
This simple crushed new potatoes salad makes a lovely easy lunchtime treat on warm summery days, or a great side dish with a barbecue.
By Jessica Dady Published