Jaffa cake fans will love this Jaffa drizzle cake, with a zesty orange drizzle topped with marmalade and glossy dark chocolate ganache.
For the best results, we’ve suggested following our classic lemon drizzle cake (opens in new tab) recipe but swapping the lemon zest for orange zest. We've decorated ours with dark chocolate and orange slices, but for added indulgence, you could also top it with Jaffa cakes - and serve with a Jaffa cake negroni cocktail. (opens in new tab)
For the drizzle cake:
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g softened butter
- 3 eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 level tsp baking powder
- 50ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 25g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ x 370g jar whole sliced orange marmalade (we used Bonne Maman)
- small piping bag
- Make our classic lemon drizzle cake (opens in new tab) recipe, swapping the lemon zest for orange zest, up to step 2.
- For the ganache: Heat the cream until nearly boiling then pour over the chocolate pieces in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the marmalade over the top then pour over the chocolate ganache. Set a few of the orange slices from the marmalade on top.
- Fill the piping bag with the melted chocolate, cut the tip to 2mm and pip elines going in two directions to create a criss-cross pattern on top. Allow to set before cutting into slices. Watch our step-by-step guide for how to make a piping bag (opens in new tab).
Top tip for making this Jaffa drizzle cake:
If you're not a fan of dark chocolate swap it for milk chocolate instead.
You might also like...
Homemade Jaffa cakes (opens in new tab)
Sticky Jaffa loaf (opens in new tab)
Mary Berry's chocolate cake (opens in new tab)