This garlic and chilli cod by Lisa Riley for her Honesty Diet book has just the right balance of spice to warm you through. It's served with roasted spinach and cauliflower which is seasoned with smokey paprika and has a delicious salsa on the side. This garlic and chilli cod is quick to cook and will become a family favourite in no time.
For this Honesty Diet (opens in new tab)
recipe, you will need:
- half a cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 250g spinach, washed
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- juice half a lemon freshly squeezed
- 2 x 150g cod fillets, with the skin on
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped to garnish
For the salsa:
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of half a lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chilli
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Put the cauliflower florets and spinach in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the paprika, garlic, oil and lemon juice over the vegetables and mix well with your hands. Season with salt and pepper and cook on the top shelf of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the cod with salt and pepper and rub in the harissa paste. Place on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Once the vegetables have been in the oven for the first 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 180°C, pop the fish on to the centre shelf of the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes more. To create the salsa, mix the tomatoes with the lime juice, chilli, oil and chives. Serve the vegetables topped with the fish and salsa, and sprinkle over the chives to garnish.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
This beer battered fish recipe leaves you with a crisp and golden brown skin which is delicious. Serve your deep-fried fish with chips and mushy peas
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published
The Queen's hilariously clever trick to get guests to dinner in a timely manner
Queen Elizabeth II's clever way she got guests to dinner promptly.
By Selina Maycock • Published