Our prawn tacos with grilled fish take leftover cooked prawns and fish and transform them into a spicy, Cajun-like filler for fresh and zesty tacos. Prawn tacos are the perfect thing to serve to a crowd of friends. Why not let everyone build their own tacos so they can adapt the filling to their own personal preference. Prawn tacos with grilled fish are a simple dish full of bright and bold flavours.
- 1½tsp smoked paprika
- 1½tsp garlic powder
- ½tsp chilli powder
- 300g leftover fish fillets
- 250g cooked, shelled prawns
- ¼ red cabbage, sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
For the corn salsa
- 2 corn, sliced off the cob
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp honey
- lime wedges, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- 4-6 soft corn tacos
- Mix together the paprika, garlic and chilli powder. Toss the cooked fish and prawns in the spices and leave to marinate for 10mins as you prepare the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Wrap the corn tacos in tinfoil and place in the oven to warm whilst you prepare the salsa. Slice the cabbage and toss in the lime juice.
- For the salsa, mix together the corn, avocados, shallot and coriander leaves and stir in the olive oil, red wine vinegar and honey, season well to taste.
- Heat a glug of oil in a frying pan, and fry the fish and prawns over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until slightly charred and heated through. Serve the warm tacos topped with the fish, red cabbage, salsa, lime wedges and sour cream.
Top Tip for making Grilled fish and prawn tacos
If you don't have leftover cooked fish or prawns, you can marinate them raw and then cook for 5-10 mins more until cooked through.
Jules is a creative and talented Food Editor with over 12 years' experience in the food industry across brands and magazine titles. Jules' experience is cast and varied, from food Editor to food writing. She is also passionate about food sustainability and has an amazing talent for food Styling.
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated