Fancy something different for breakfast? Try making this delicious scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for a posh treat. The smoky salmon flavour and creamy egg are perfect on a crunchy slice of toast.
Learn how to cook the perfect scrambled eggs with our easy guide!
- 4 large eggs
- 100ml milk
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Knob of butter
- 50-100g smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 slices toast, buttered, to serve
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the milk and season. Whisk together well.
- Heat a small frying pan and add the knob of butter, but only just melt the butter, don’t let it overheat and discolour. Add the egg mixture to the pan and let it sit, without stirring it, for 20-30 seconds. Stir the egg mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula, lifting it from the edges of the pan and pulling it into the centre. Take care not to over-stir the eggs, as the aim is to get soft curds as the egg sets.
- Repeat stirring the eggs until they’re almost completely set. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the mixture to continue cooking in the residual heat. Stir in the smoked salmon and spoon on top of the buttered toast.
Top Tip for making Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
Serve on granary or wholemeal bread with light butter for a healthier option.