Fricassee is a creamy stew recipe. This 30-minute chicken recipe with healthy seasonal vegetables is from Slimming World and uses low-fat ingredients.
Like this? You’re going to love our collection of Slimming World chicken recipes including chicken thighs and breasts.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 800g/1lb 12oz chicken breast, skinned and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick batons
- 1 head of garlic, separated but not peeled
- 400ml/14fl oz chicken stock
- 4-5 sprigs of tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g/7oz green beans, halved
- 200g/7oz fat free natural fromage frais, to serve
Spray a large non-stick casserole dish with low-calorie cooking spray. Place over a high heat, add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
Add the onion, carrots, garlic, stock, and tarragon, season well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover tightly with the lid of the casserole dish and allow to cook gently for 15 mins. Add the green beans to the stew and cook for a further 5 mins.
To serve, remove the stew from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and check the seasoning. Serve immediately in warmed shallow bowls.