These Slimming World Christmas biscuits are the perfect festive treat to bake with the kids and will look great on the tree - if you can resist eating them! Christmas is the toughest time of year if you're trying to watch your weight, so Slimming World has created this recipe that means you won't have to miss out on any of the fun and still get to eat your favourite treats. These Christmas biscuits are a really easy bake to make at home and will be ready in under an hour. No one will know they're Slimming World and the whole family will go mad for these lovely little Christmas biscuits. Like this? You're going to love the rest of our Slimming World recipes collection
- 7oz/198g plain flour
- tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ½ oz/100g low-fat spread suitable for baking such as Flora Light
- 1 ½ oz/42g Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp of pink sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, spices, low-fat spread and Splenda until well combined and then stir in the beaten egg.
- Bring the dough together, wrap in cling film, and refrigerate for half an hour. Remove, divide the dough into two (working in batches is easier), and roll each piece out to 5mm thick.
- Cut out using a 2in/5cm star cutter and place onto a non-stickbaking tray lined with parchment. Create a hole in each biscuit big enough to thread a ribbon through later. Bake for 12 minutes and leave to cool on the tray.
- To decorate, mix the icing sugar with just enough water to make athin icing and drizzle on each biscuit. Decorate with the sprinkles and leave to set.
- Thread coloured ribbon through each biscuit and hang on the tree on Christmas Eve. (They’ll start to soften after a couple of days so don’t forget to tuck in!)
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Gluten free biscuit recipe with no added sugar
Our gluten free biscuit recipe uses chocolate as the sweetener making them deliicous and squidgy.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Slimming World's burger and chips
This guilt-free burger and chips recipe by Slimming World is the perfect midweek dinner for the whole family...
By Slimming World • Last updated
Slimming World Swiss roll
Slimming World Swiss Roll uses clever substitutions to cut the calories, without losing out on flavour. Use this recipe at Christmas in place of Yule Log.
By Slimming World • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published