Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Slimming World's cranberry cranachan is the perfect guilt-free dessert. They take only 10 mins to whip up and are bursting with flavour thanks to the cranberries, orange juice and not forgetting that cheeky dash of whisky. Lots of cranberries in the sauce give this Slimming World version of the Scottish favourite a festive flavour that will go down a treat. The sweetener granules and fat-free natural Greek yogurt make this dessert a guilt-free option at dinner parties, as a weekend treat or for special occasions like Christmas. This recipe serves 4 people.
- 1 level tbsp porridge oats
- 300g cranberries, fresh or frozen, plus fresh cranberries to decorate (optional)
- 1 tbsp whisky
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp sweetener granules
- 300g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- Preheat the grill to medium. Spread out the oats on a baking tray and toast under the grill, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove and leave to cool. Meanwhile, put the cranberries into a small pan with the whisky, orange juice and sweetener. Bring to a simmer over a low heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the berries have popped and the juices have thickened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Spoon half of the cranberry mixture into 4 tall dessert glasses. Divide half of the yogurt between the glasses and sprinkle with some of the toasted oats. Repeat the layers, ending with a sprinkling of oats. Decorate each glass with a few fresh cranberries, if using, and serve straight away.
Top Tip for making Slimming World's cranberry cranachan
This dessert is best made and eaten on the same day.