Slimming World fillet steaks with mustard sauce and hasselback potatoes is a guilt-free treat you'll want to make time and time again.
The homemade mushroom, parsley and mustard sauce is bursting with flavour and just perfect served with tender cuts of fillet steak. Served with homemade hasselback potatoes, this Slimming World recipe is a real favourite that you'll want to make time and time again.
- 600g new potatoes, scrubbed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Tiny sprigs of rosemary
- A pinch of sea salt
4 lean beef fillet steaks
- 2 tbsp crushed mixed peppercorns
- Wilted spinach, to serve
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 350ml beef stock
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 300g mixed mushrooms (button, chestnut, shiitake), sliced
- 6 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cut small slices into each potato at regular intervals, making sure not to cut right through. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Tuck the rosemary sprigs into some of the slices. Sprinkle with sea salt and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the potatoes and cook for a further 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm. Meanwhile make the sauce. Place the shallots, mustard powder, stock and mustard into a small pan. Whisk to mix well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the mushrooms and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and chopped parsley. Season well and keep warm. Season the steaks with the crushed peppercorns and some salt. Spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Cook the steaks for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Divide the potatoes and steaks between four plates, drizzle over the sauce and serve with the wilted spinach. Recipe courtesy of Slimming World
Top Tip for making Slimming World's fillet steaks with mustard sauce and hasselback potatoes
Remember that steak carries on cooking while it's resting so take it out 5 mins before you serve.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published
Beetroot and butternut squash bruschetta
A flavour-packed bruschetta loaded with beetroot, butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, garlic and more...
By Rose Fooks Published
Slimming World mince pies
Make your Christmas that little bit healthier with Slimming World mince pies. Made using ready-made mincemeat, they're ready in just 40 minutes
By Slimming World Published