Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Slimming World fillet steaks with mustard sauce and hasselback potatoes is a guilt-free treat you'll want to make time and time again.
The homemade mushroom, parsley and mustard sauce is bursting with flavour and just perfect served with tender cuts of fillet steak. Served with homemade hasselback potatoes, this Slimming World recipe is a real favourite that you'll want to make time and time again.
- 600g new potatoes, scrubbed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Tiny sprigs of rosemary
- A pinch of sea salt
4 lean beef fillet steaks
- 2 tbsp crushed mixed peppercorns
- Wilted spinach, to serve
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 350ml beef stock
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 300g mixed mushrooms (button, chestnut, shiitake), sliced
- 6 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cut small slices into each potato at regular intervals, making sure not to cut right through. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Tuck the rosemary sprigs into some of the slices. Sprinkle with sea salt and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the potatoes and cook for a further 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm. Meanwhile make the sauce. Place the shallots, mustard powder, stock and mustard into a small pan. Whisk to mix well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the mushrooms and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and chopped parsley. Season well and keep warm. Season the steaks with the crushed peppercorns and some salt. Spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Cook the steaks for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Divide the potatoes and steaks between four plates, drizzle over the sauce and serve with the wilted spinach. Recipe courtesy of Slimming World (opens in new tab)
Top Tip for making Slimming World's fillet steaks with mustard sauce and hasselback potatoes
Remember that steak carries on cooking while it's resting so take it out 5 mins before you serve.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World fruity pasta salad
This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes...
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese
Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese is a delicious, meaty meal that you can serve up to the whole family, but it won't wreck your diet.
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's burger and chips
This guilt-free burger and chips recipe by Slimming World is the perfect midweek dinner for the whole family...
By Slimming World • Last updated
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Who won The Great British Sewing Bee? The 2022 champion revealed
Here's who won The Great British Sewing Bee last night...
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
Cyber Monday travel deals: Save on trips at British Airways, easyJet and Virgin Atlantic with these late Black Friday discounts
By Grace Walsh • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published