Slimming World's luxury macaroni cheese is a quick-to-make family favourite that will leave you feeling full up and guilt-free.
Rather than make the roux with butter, the Slimming World's luxury macaroni cheese sauce is made with low-fat natural yogurt which, although you may think is a strange choice, is actually a really fab option that gives you that classic creaminess of a mac 'n' cheese, without all the calories! The flavour comes from the handful of Cheddar cheese you grate into it. It's also full of healthy veg like peas, cherry tomatoes and chives which means you get some of your 5-a-day from this recipe too, which is an added bonus. We've got loads more brilliant low calorie recipes from Slimming World right here!
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 300g (11oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g (7oz) frozen peas
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 100ml (3 1/2 floz) water
- 400g (14oz) cooked macaroni or other short-shape pasta
For the topping
- 500g (1lb 2oz) very low fat natural yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 175g (6oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the leeks, garlic, tomatoes, peas, chives and water, stir together and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the water has been absorbed.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the tomato mixture, then transfer to a shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Mix all the topping ingredients in a bowl, season well and pour over the pasta mixture. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 mins, or until lightly golden and bubbling. Allow to stand for 5 mins before serving. Accompany with a crisp green salad.