Slimming World‘s Jersey Royal potato salad is great if you’re looking for a light and healthy lunch or side dish. This delicious potato variety is Jersey’s finest export and the unique flavour is best shown off in this Slimming World salad, which is a satisfying meal, you won’t be disappointed! Jersey Royal potatoes are in season in spring and early summer but don’t worry if you can’t find them, as new potatoes will work just as well. Make sure to leave the skins on for extra nutritional value.
- 1kg Jersey Royals or new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 3 red apples, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 4 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- For the dressing:
- 300g fat free natural fromage frais
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh dill
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender, then drain and put them into a large mixing bowl.
Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and season well.
Pour the dressing over the potatoes and add the apples and celery. Toss well and serve warm or cold.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s Jersey Royal potato salad
This salad is best eaten on the day you make it - for fresh flavours and to stop the apple from going brown