On a diet? You can still enjoy a delicious roast dinner with this stuffed pork recipe from Slimming World. Filled with a tasty mushroom stuffing and wrapped bacon, it's definitely not lacking in flavour.
- 2 large lean pork tenderloin fillets (approx 454g/ 1lb each)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 rashers lean bacon, all visible fat removed
- chopped parsley, thyme and rosemary sprigs, to garnish
For the stuffing
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- a small handful of thyme, finely chopped
- 113g/ 4oz portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- a large handful of parsley, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Slice the pork fillets in half lengthways, taking care not to cut right through, and open out like a book. Cover the meat with cling film and flatten each fillet with a rolling pin. Remove the cling film and season well.
- To make the stuffing, spray a medium, non- stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onion gently over a medium heat for 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the thyme and mushrooms and turn up the heat slightly. Cook for 5-6 minutes, then transfer the contents of the pan to a bowl.
- Add the egg, parsley, lemon zest and juice and garlic to the bowl, mix together and season to taste.
- Put one of the fillets in a roasting tin and pat the stuffing on top. Place the other fillet on top and lay the bacon rashers on top of the fillets, overlapping slightly to cover them. Roll the fillets over slightly, tucking the ends of the bacon under, then secure with cocktail sticks. Roast in the oven for 1 hour, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 12-15 minutes. Remove the cocktail sticks and garnish with chopped herbs and rosemary sprigs and carve into thick slices.
Top Tip for making Slimming World’s stuffed pork wrapped in bacon
Leaving your meat to rest after cooking will make the meat nice and juicy
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World's roast dinner
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's burger and chips
This guilt-free burger and chips recipe by Slimming World is the perfect midweek dinner for the whole family...
By Slimming World • Last updated
Slimming World Swiss roll
Slimming World Swiss Roll uses clever substitutions to cut the calories, without losing out on flavour. Use this recipe at Christmas in place of Yule Log.
By Slimming World • Published
Mexican bean sausage soup
Mexican bean and sausage soup is a warm and filling dinner or lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again with spicy chorizo and more
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Beans and sausage bake
This beans and sausage bake is packed with chunky potatoes, flageolet and kidney beans in a rich, tomato sauce. A perfect sausage supper.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Spicy chicken wings
Sticky, spicy chicken wings that will go down an absolute treat at barbecues and summer parties. Just be sure to have lots of napkins on hand.
By Tana Ramsay • Published
Pizza Hut is launching a roast dinner pizza and food fans are torn
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
You can now get your Toby Carvery roast dinner delivered with Just Eat
That’s right, a roast dinner delivered to your door
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Aldi are selling giant Yorkshire puddings filled with an entire roast dinner for just £1.99
By Caitlin Elliott • Published