On a diet? You can still enjoy a delicious roast dinner with this stuffed pork recipe from Slimming World. Filled with a tasty mushroom stuffing and wrapped bacon, it’s definitely not lacking in flavour.
- 2 large lean pork tenderloin fillets (approx 454g/ 1lb each)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 rashers lean bacon, all visible fat removed
- chopped parsley, thyme and rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- For the stuffing
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- a small handful of thyme, finely chopped
- 113g/ 4oz portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- a large handful of parsley, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Slice the pork fillets in half lengthways, taking care not to cut right through, and open out like a book. Cover the meat with cling film and flatten each fillet with a rolling pin. Remove the cling film and season well.
To make the stuffing, spray a medium, non- stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onion gently over a medium heat for 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the thyme and mushrooms and turn up the heat slightly. Cook for 5-6 minutes, then transfer the contents of the pan to a bowl.
Add the egg, parsley, lemon zest and juice and garlic to the bowl, mix together and season to taste.
Put one of the fillets in a roasting tin and pat the stuffing on top. Place the other fillet on top and lay the bacon rashers on top of the fillets, overlapping slightly to cover them. Roll the fillets over slightly, tucking the ends of the bacon under, then secure with cocktail sticks. Roast in the oven for 1 hour, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 12-15 minutes. Remove the cocktail sticks and garnish with chopped herbs and rosemary sprigs and carve into thick slices.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s stuffed pork wrapped in bacon
Leaving your meat to rest after cooking will make the meat nice and juicy