If you're looking for a new way to fill your baked potato, this smoked trout and cheese baked potato recipe is perfect. The smoked flavour from the trout, the creaminess of the cheese and the softness of the potato go really well together. Have for a warming lunch or simple dinner.
Like this? You're going to love our jacket potato fillings.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 rounded tbsp horseradish sauce
- 2-4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 125g hot smoked trout fillets
- 30g grated Gruyère cheese
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Scrub and dry the baking potatoes. Prick them in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the oven shelf for 1½-2 hours, until they feel soft when you squeeze them.
- Halve the baked potatoes lengthways, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, add horseradish sauce and chop the potato flesh, mixing in the sauce. Then add spring onions, chopped fresh parsley and hot smoked trout fillets, broken into large flakes.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato shells on a baking tray, then sprinkle with grated Gruyère cheese and a little paprika. Put under the grill for about 5 mins to brown them.
Top Tip for making Smoked trout and cheese baked potato
If you don't like Gruyère cheese you could always use Cheddar or Mozzarella instead